Book Keeping Position
Experienced Bookkeeper required by St Stephen’s Church, Norwich
The successful applicant will assist the Treasurer in the keeping of financial records of the church and its busy café including—
• Completing accounts to trial balance,
• Processing a low volume of sales and purchase ledger invoices,
• Managing and processing debit card expenditure and petty cash transactions,
• Banking (including online payments)
• Bank reconciliation,
• Nominal ledger review and reconciliation,
• Operating payroll including auto-enrolment pension (NEST),
• Other accounting tasks as required.
They will be happy to work in a small church office in the centre of Norwich and should be able to work under their own initiative.
What they need to succeed
They will be an experienced, accurate bookkeeper with a “can do” attitude who will be able to start in this role with minimal training and should be looking to work approximately 20 hours per week. The hours can be flexible. Applicants may be part or fully qualified or qualified by experience. They should be competent in the use of spreadsheets. Experience with Xero Accounting would be useful but is by no means essential.
Please apply by email including your CV to the Church Treasurer,
Richard Nash, at firstname.lastname@example.org or
by post to St Stephen’s Church, Rampant Horse Street, Norwich, NR2 1QP by 15 July 2017.
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 24 July.